Aledade has developed this guide to help the practices that participate in its ACOs successfully stay-up-to-date on the current state of serology testing for the COVID-19 virus.
This document is intended to provide information about:
- The effect of pre-test probability on test results & the risk of false positives
- Available COVID-19 serology tests and preliminary data on performance
- Infographic to visualize how pre-test probability affects the likelihood of a false positive test result
- False negative test results & time course of COVID-19 antibody seroconversion
- Frequently asked questions, including guidance on the clinical role of COVID-19 serology testing and how to interpret positive and negative results
Disclaimer: Aledade endeavors to provide the most recent, actionable information pertaining to the quickly evolving state of emergency around COVID-19. Aledade regularly reviews a variety of publicly available health sources and updates its materials accordingly. Because data, regulations, and official pronouncements around COVID-19 change so frequently, however, some information contained herein may become outdated before we get the chance to update it. For the very latest on this topic please continue to use online resources from the SBA, CMS, and the U.S. Treasury Department.